We’re looking for a Collections Specialist to join our team!
The Collections Specialist position will function as the primary contact for customer concerns regarding loan delinquency issues for our Working Capital and occasionally supporting/facilitating delinquency follow up on Equipment Financing agreements. The candidate will handle all aspects of early to late stage collections. The best candidates will be self-motivated, team-oriented and eager to be a part of a rapidly growing business.
- Assigned account queue management and prioritization to maximize dollars collected
- Answer all customer communications in a friendly, professional, and timely manner
- Contact and collect on past due accounts and arrange for timely payments
- Draft modifications, settlement agreements and stipulations
- Process customer complaints, inquiries, authorizations, requests, and delivery follow up
- Process research and correspondence in relation to customer disputes and collection problem inquiries
- Enlist efforts of sales and senior management when necessary to accelerate the collection process
Skills & Specifications:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Critical thinker and possesses strong judgment
- Ability to synthesize information and draw conclusions
- Ability to discern when confidentiality must be observed
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize work and shift priorities quickly
- Ability to perform in a high intensity, customer focused environment
- Ability to multitask while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Ability to work flexible hours around business need
- High proficiency in Microsoft suite and ability to work efficiently through several software platforms
Education & Qualifications:
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a high-volume collections environment (Preferable in Equipment Finance or Business to Business)
- Knowledge of billing and collections procedures
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred if no prior related work experience
Who is Channel?
We are a leading provider of equipment finance and working capital funding solutions for small businesses. Utilizing customized technology and business processes, a strong balance sheet, and risk analytics, Channel provides single source financing that supports third-party originators and their customers who have business growth opportunities and a need for capital.
Since its founding in 2009, Channel has originated over 24,000 transactions funding over $1.5 billion and is one of a limited number of full-service, non-bank lenders successfully filling the gap in small business credit availability. Channel has five office locations in four states and has ranked among the 500/5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. by Inc. magazine for 11 consecutive years.
Channel Partners is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.