The Underwriting Intern will be responsible for supporting the Operations and Underwriting teams in the day-to-day operations of the business. To gain exposure with most aspects of the underwriting life cycle, the role will be responsible with assisting many day-to-day tasks, including application flow, reviewing bank statements, assisting with approving finance applications and more! This internship is anticipated to last 12-14 weeks, with the potential for permanent hire upon completion dependent on fit and business needs.
- Oversee daily application flow
- Ensure all applications are properly processed
- Enter and review bank statements
- Ensure compliance with company standards and procedures
- Maintain customers and accounts within system of record
- Adjudicate credit and approve new finance applications
- Performing other duties as required
Skills & Specifications:
- Must be able to multitask and be highly adaptable to change
- Must be detail-oriented, with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Required knowledge of computer systems and proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
- Good typing skills
Education & Qualifications:
- Currently in junior or senior year pursuing a degree in finance or a related field.
Who is Channel?
We are a leading provider of equipment finance and working capital funding solutions for small businesses. Utilizing customized technology and business processes, a strong balance sheet, and risk analytics, Channel provides single source financing that supports third-party originators and their customers who have business growth opportunities and a need for capital.
Since its founding in 2009, Channel has originated over 24,000 transactions funding over $1.5 billion and is one of a limited number of full-service, non-bank lenders successfully filling the gap in small business credit availability. Channel has five office locations in four states and has ranked among the 500/5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. by Inc. magazine for 11 consecutive years.
Channel Partners is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.