The Underwriting Analyst inputs and reviews finance applications from small to mid-sized businesses to determine the credit worthiness of the applicant, size, and term of the financing offer. The position will operate within our fast-paced high-volume environment and be accountable for quick decisioning on small ticket working capital applications.
The best candidates will be self-motivated, team-oriented, and eager to be a part of a rapidly growing business.
- Adjudicate credit and approve new finance applications of transactions $50,000 or less within level of authority.
- Make timely decisions with limited information.
- Professionally communicate decisions to our partners.
- Build relationships and offer exceptional service to our partners to ensure continued flow of business.
- Communicate and work proactively with the sales team to help further penetrate our relationships with existing and new customers.
- Protect Channel from fraud and aid in pricing transactions for the appropriate risk.
Skills & Specifications:
- Strong math and analytical skills.
- Must be able to multitask and be highly adaptable to change.
- Required knowledge of computer systems and proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel and Word).
- Must have an understanding of financial statements.
- 1-2 years in a financial services, credit, or underwriting function.
- Experience in a commercial underwriting function working with small businesses is a plus.
Who is Channel?
We are a leading provider of equipment finance and working capital funding solutions for small businesses, exclusively through Equipment Finance Companies. Utilizing customized technology and business processes, a strong balance sheet, and risk analytics, Channel provides single source financing that supports third-party originators and their customers who have business growth opportunities and a need for capital.
Since its founding in 2009, Channel has originated over 16,000 transactions funding over $1-billion and is one of a limited number of full-service, non-bank lenders successfully filling the gap in small business credit availability. Channel has five office locations in four states and has ranked among the 500/5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. by Inc. magazine for 10 consecutive years.
The company offers a rewarding and flexible work environment and encourages innovation and team member development. Benefits include medical and dental plans plus HSA, 4 weeks PTO, an employer-match company 401K plan, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, and a hybrid schedule.
Channel Partners is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.