Channel is adding a Senior Manager of Risk Analytics to our Risk Analytics and Data Strategy Team!
- This person will proactively identify needs and lead the development of nuanced quantitative & qualitative analysis across multiple portfolios
- Building and maintaining credit risk scorecards – including validation and governance
- Responsible for tracking portfolio performance trends through KPIs that are updated throughout the month
- Will break down the portfolio into segments and examine/establish drivers of current performance trending
- Apply a quantitative, data-driven methodology to problem solving that will lead to better business decision making and improved efficiency
- Work directly with senior leaders to ensure the work is aligned with Channel’s overall objectives
- Effectively challenges and recommends approval for credit, product, and/or risk proposals through detailed research and vetting, leveraging prior experience to ensure strong portfolio performance outcomes.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of comprehensive risk reporting in support of management and oversight of existing and emerging risks.
- Utilizes analytically derived insights to deliver strategic visions and decisions with significant impact to business results
- Lead a team of analysts to accomplish risk analytics objectives
- Clearly communicate results and recommendations to internal stakeholders and senior leaders
Skills & Specifications:
You love numbers, data and puzzles. Your natural curiosity of data allows you see the big picture in a complex pattern and are adept at helping others see it, too. You are technically skilled at data analysis, data mining, and data visualization, but also a strong communicator, with the ability to communicate results to non-technical business audiences. The expectation is a proactive, experience driven approach that incorporates data science best practices to provide optimized decision support for Channel. Your skills and experience include:
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in mathematics, statistics, finance, economics, or another related field
- 7 – 10 years of experience performing quantitative analysis to solve business problems
- 4 – 7 years of experience in a risk/portfolio analytics role for a financial services company (Fintech, commercial/consumer lending, credit, or other related field)
- Experience with portfolio performance KPIs (delinquency, roll rates, charge-offs, recoveries, etc.)
- Experience segmenting a portfolio to examine drivers of performance (industry, credit, profile, etc.)
- Experience building and maintaining credit risk scorecards
- Experience coaching and guiding peers on analytics and/or risk management
- Experience with relational databases and multi-dimensional concepts with ability to perform queries in a SQL Server environment
- Experience using statistical languages such as R, Python, or other to manipulate data, perform analysis, and build models.
- Proven ability to leverage statistical methods and data visualization techniques to extract information and tell a story that will impact business decisions
- Experience in small ticket, commercial lending (equipment financing, working capital, etc.)
- Capable of working beyond the data to understand the business functions and behaviors of our customers and partners
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as PowerBI or Tableau
Who is Channel?
We are a leading provider of equipment finance and working capital funding solutions for small businesses, exclusively through Equipment Finance Companies. Utilizing customized technology and business processes, a strong balance sheet, and risk analytics, Channel provides single source financing that supports third-party originators and their customers who have business growth opportunities and a need for capital.
Since its founding in 2009, Channel has originated over 16,000 transactions funding over $1-billion and is one of a limited number of full-service, non-bank lenders successfully filling the gap in small business credit availability. Channel has five office locations in four states and has ranked among the 500/5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. by Inc. magazine for 10 consecutive years.
Why Should I apply?
Channel empowers and trains team members at all levels to make quick decisions in service to our relationships and ensuring the flexibility and nimbleness required to compete in today’s marketplace. Channel is the perfect workplace for those who are motivated and have a desire to be part of a fast- growing, agile, and multi-faceted organization where you can make a difference every day.
The company offers a rewarding and flexible work environment and encourages innovation and team member development. Benefits include medical and dental plans, HSA and FSA, 4 weeks PTO, an employer-match company 401K plan, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, and flexibility for work-life balance.
Channel is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.