The Data Science Intern will be responsible for supporting the Risk Analytics & Data Science team. This person will access and connect datasets to perform complex statistical analyses, create reports, and communicate recommendations and findings to leadership to enhance decision making. The Data Science Intern will gain direct exposure to all aspects of the credit life cycle including sales, marketing, underwriting, account management, and collections.
- 12-14 week internship
- 8 am to 5 pm Monday – Friday
- Ability to work around school schedules as needed
- Work with stakeholders to deliver actionable ad-hoc and recurring analyses using a quantitative, data-driven approach.
- Utilize Power-BI to create custom reporting packages.
- Gain experience in a data science workflow, including defining scope, exploratory data analysis, feature engineering, model development, and deployment.
- Communicate results and recommendations to internal stakeholders.
Skills & Specifications:
- Experience with a programming language such as R, Python, SQL, or SAS.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Working knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Logistic/Linear Regression, Credit Scoring, Machine Learning, Cluster Analysis, and/or Data Engineering.
- Able to use advanced analytics skills to find creative solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Education & Qualifications:
- Currently pursuing or recently graduated with a graduate degree in Math, Statistics, Data Science, or a related field.
Who is Channel?
We are a leading provider of equipment finance and working capital funding solutions for small businesses. Utilizing customized technology and business processes, a strong balance sheet, and risk analytics, Channel provides single source financing that supports third-party originators and their customers who have business growth opportunities and a need for capital.
Since its founding in 2009, Channel has originated over 24,000 transactions funding over $1.5 billion and is one of a limited number of full-service, non-bank lenders successfully filling the gap in small business credit availability. Channel has five office locations in four states and has ranked among the 500/5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. by Inc. magazine for 11 consecutive years.
Channel Partners is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.