about the job
We’re looking for an Asset Manager to join our team!
The Asset Management is responsible for building out and growing key asset management functions to maximize recoveries, minimize loss, and enhance fee income. Focus is on managing repossession activity and off-lease returns, while administering end-of lease processes (purchase, return, or renew). Ability to coordinate and collaborate with business line leaders across direct and third-party channels as a general lessor.
- Proactively manage the process of repossessed and off-lease equipment to minimize loss and maximize company performance.
- Develop process for establishing residual values for potential lease transactions across a broad spectrum of assets and industries.
- Build relationships and oversight of third-party network order to maximize recoveries for repossessed assets and increased gain on disposition off-lease equipment of all assigned vendor programs and asset categories.
- Oversight of policies and procedures to support asset management functions and processes.
- Liaise with credit and sales to support, advise, expedite and effectively manage the frontend residual/collateral valuation process.
- Track and manage all maturing leases and negotiate lessee and third-party sales including purchase options, renewals and returns.
- Contribute to fee income opportunities through renewal activity.
- Attend industry conferences and network with peers across the industry
skills & specifications
- Demonstrated ability to support programmatic and one-off valuation requests, inventory management, and liquidation across a diverse set of equipment types and industries.
- Ability to manage relationships with third-party agents for repossession, storage, remarketing, and resale, including expanding network for specialization, geography, and champion challenger opportunities.
- Exert strong decision-making and collaboration with Legal & Collections to determine optimal approach in managing portfolio performance by leveraging collateral position to maximize repayment
- A high degree of critical thinking to recognize equipment, transaction and portfolio related risks and opportunities and the ability to balance and manage these risks.
- Experience setting residual values in various asset classes such as Manufacturing, Construction, Transportation, Restaurant, Medical, and many other industries.
- Leverage tools & resources needed to conduct research & valuation based on a market analysis to successfully manage residual expectations for one-off and programmatic requests and activity
- Excellent and engaging communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong analytical, organization, and time management skills
- The ability to manage multiple and diverse tasks and workflow simultaneously.
- The ability to function autonomously and proactively with minimal direct supervision.
- Confidence to make independent decisions and process information quickly.
education & qualifications
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in equipment finance and asset management
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in relevant financial field or equivalent work experience.
- Expert level understanding of core asset management functions needed for a general lessor
- Experience in or understanding of equipment lease financing business model in small-ticket business segment, including relationships across the market
Who is Channel?
We are a leading provider of equipment finance and working capital funding solutions for small businesses. Utilizing customized technology and business processes, a strong balance sheet, and risk analytics, Channel provides single source financing that supports third-party originators and their customers who have business growth opportunities and a need for capital.
Since its founding in 2009, Channel has originated over 24,000 transactions funding over $1.5 billion and is one of a limited number of full-service, non-bank lenders successfully filling the gap in small business credit availability. Channel has five office locations in four states and has ranked among the 500/5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. by Inc. magazine for 11 consecutive years.
Channel Partners is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.