The Accounting Intern will be responsible for supporting the Accounting team in the day-to-day operations of the business. The Accounting Intern will gain direct exposure to all aspects of the accounting life cycle including helping with operational accounting tasks like data entry, accounts payable, journal entries, and reconciliations, in addition to being exposed to loan servicing activities. This internship is anticipated to last 12-14 weeks, with some flexibility for the right candidate.
- Assist with daily Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable transactions
- Contribute to the preparation of journal entries related to monthly General Ledger activity and adjusting journal entries
- Review bank reconciliations
- Perform data entry as needed
- Assist with any other general accounting activities or projects as needed
Skills & Specifications:
- Must be detail-oriented, deadline-focused, and have excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Must be able to multitask and have a high level of adaptability
- Strong computer skills including accuracy in data input
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous exposure to QuickBooks Intuit, Aspire, or other accounting software a plus
Education & Qualifications:
- Currently in junior or senior year pursuing a degree in accounting or a related field
Who is Channel?
We are a leading provider of equipment finance and working capital funding solutions for small businesses, exclusively through Equipment Finance Companies. Utilizing customized technology and business processes, a strong balance sheet, and risk analytics, Channel provides single source financing that supports third-party originators and their customers who have business growth opportunities and a need for capital.
Since its founding in 2009, Channel has originated over 16,000 transactions funding over $1-billion and is one of a limited number of full-service, non-bank lenders successfully filling the gap in small business credit availability. Channel has five office locations in four states and has ranked among the 500/5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. by Inc. magazine for 10 consecutive years.
Channel Partners is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.