- Underwriting Analyst, Working Capital
Channel Partners Capital is a leading provider of small business loans, advances and equipment financing utilizing customized technology and business processes with locations in Minnetonka, Marshall, MN, Des Moines, IA and Kennesaw, GA. Channel is a fast- growing company operating in an industry segment that is undergoing significant change and thus able to offer technology opportunities that are exciting and rewarding. Channel empowers and trains team members at all levels to make quick decisions to service our partners and ensure the flexibility and nimbleness needed to compete in today’s marketplace. If you have a desire and are motivated by being part of a fast-expanding, agile, and diverse organization where you can make a difference every day, Channel is the perfect home for you.
Since its founding in 2009, Channel has originated over 16,000 loans funding over $800 million and is one of a limited number of full- service, non-bank lenders successfully filling the gap in small business credit availability. Last year Channel was ranked among the 500/5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. by Inc. magazine for the ninth straight year.
Channel offers a flexible work environment where we encourage innovation and the development of our team members. Compensation includes a base salary plus an annual bonus designed to support company goals. Benefits include medical and dental plans, paid time off, an employer-match company 401K plan, life insurance, and long-term disability insurance plan.
The Underwriting Analyst inputs and reviews finance applications from small to mid-sized businesses to determine the credit worthiness of the applicant, size and term of the financing offer. The position will operate within our fast-paced high-volume environment and be accountable for quick decisioning on small ticket equipment finance applications up to $150,000.
The candidate will make independent decisions through evaluation of business and personal credit reports, financial and bank statements, tax returns and other credit information. Channel has a scoring model built on millions of datapoints to aid in the decision making.
The best candidates will be self-motivated, team-oriented, and eager to be a part of a rapidly growing business.
- Adjudicate credit and approve new finance applications within level of authority.
- Make timely decisions with limited information.
- Professionally communicate decisions to our partners.
- Build relationships and offer exceptional service to our partners to ensure continued flow of business.
- Communicate and work proactively with the sales team to help further penetrate our relationships with existing and new customers.
- Protect Channel from fraud and aid in pricing transactions for the appropriate risk.
- Continuously identify and implement underwriting strategies which make Channel a recognized, differentiated leader in the equipment finance industry.
- Keeps abreast of industry and competitor trends.
Skills & Specifications
- Strong math and analytical skills.
- Must be able to multitask and be highly adaptable to change.
- Must be detail oriented, have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Competitive drive and strong history of accomplishment.
- Good interpersonal relationship skills and motivation for personal growth.
- Required knowledge of computer systems and proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel and Word).
- Must have an understanding of financial statements.
Education & Qualifications:
- 1-2 years in a financial services, credit or underwriting function.
- Experience in a commercial underwriting function working with small businesses is a plus.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/experience is preferred.
Key Performance Indicators
Financial-Customer-Operational Processes-Organizational Effectiveness *
- Personal annual $$ volume of underwritten loans
- Loan application turnover time
- CPC overall non-accruals $$ /default rate
- CPC overall customer satisfaction ratings
- Approval/decline ratios in line with Underwriting team average
- Total underwritten applications in line with Underwriting team average
Please send resume, including job history, to: Channel Partners Capital, 11100 Wayzata Boulevard, Minnetonka, Minnesota 55305, via email at FinancialCareers@channelpartnersllc.com, or apply online on Indeed.
Our Core Values
We celebrate each other’s efforts and achievements
For peers, partners, and customers
Driven to try new ideas, new methods and new processes.
Focused on business, team, and individual development
Making life easy for customers with a fast and straightforward process
Total transparency empowers customers to make informed decisions
Inc. 500/5,000 fastest-growing companies
9 Consecutive Years
100 Best Companies to Work For
Channel Partners Capital is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with its obligations under federal law, each company that is a federal contractor or subcontractor is committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other eligible veterans.