Channel Partners Capital is a leading provider of small business loans, advances and equipment financing utilizing customized technology and business processes with locations in Minnetonka, Marshall, MN, Des Moines, IA and Kennesaw, GA. Channel is a fast-growing company operating in an industry segment that is undergoing significant change and thus able to offer technology opportunities that are exciting and rewarding. Channel empowers and trains team members at all levels to make quick decisions to service our partners and ensure the flexibility and nimbleness needed to compete in today’s marketplace. If you have a desire and are motivated by being part of a fast-expanding, agile, and diverse organization where you can make a difference every day, Channel is the perfect home for you.
Since its founding in 2009, Channel has originated over 16,000 loans funding over $800 million and is one of a limited number of full-service, non-bank lenders successfully filling the gap in small business credit availability. Last year Channel was ranked among the 500/5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. by Inc. magazine for the ninth straight year.
Channel offers a flexible work environment where we encourage innovation and the development of our team members. Compensation includes a base salary plus an annual bonus designed to support company goals. Benefits include medical and dental plans, paid time off, an employer-match company 401K plan, life insurance, and long-term disability insurance plan.
The Underwriting Analyst inputs and reviews finance applications from small to mid-sized businesses to determine the credit worthiness of the applicant, size and term of the financing offer. In addition, the analyst will evaluate the transaction to determine if it fits internal funding guidelines or will be syndicated to an external partner. The best candidates will be self-motivated, team-oriented and eager to be a part of a rapidly growing business.
- Analyze credit applications, bank statements, tax returns/financial statements, CBRs and other pertinent business information.
- Request appropriate additional information from partners as needed.
- Underwrite loan applications and extend an appropriate approval amount and term based on the characteristics of the deal.
- Effectively communicate decisions to our partners and sales team both written and orally.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with key partners.
- Maintain confidentiality of all customer and company records and account numbers.
- Perform other duties as required.
Skills & Specifications
- Strong math and analytical skills.
- Must be able to multitask and be highly adaptable to change.
- Must be detail-oriented, have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Competitive drive and strong history of accomplishment.
- Good interpersonal relationship skills and motivation for personal growth.
- Required knowledge of computer systems and proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel and Word).
- Must have an understanding of financial statements.
Education & Qualifications
- 1-2 years in a financial services, credit or underwriting function.
- Experience in a commercial underwriting function working with small businesses is a plus.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/experience is preferred.
Key Performance Indicators
Financial-Customer-Operational Processes-Organizational Effectiveness
- Personal annual $$ volume of underwritten loans
- Loan application turnover time
- CPC overall non-accruals $$ /default rate
- CPC overall customer satisfaction ratings
- Approval/decline ratios in line with Underwriting team average
- Total underwritten applications in line with Underwriting team average
- Continuously identify and implement underwriting strategies which make Channel a recognized, differentiated leader in the equipment finance industry.
- Keeps abreast of industry and competitor trends.
Please send resume, including job history, to: Channel Partners Capital, 11100 Wayzata Boulevard, Minnetonka, Minnesota 55305, via email at FinancialCareers@channelpartnersllc.com, or apply online on Indeed.
Our Core Values
We celebrate each other’s efforts and achievements
For peers, partners, and customers
Driven to try new ideas, new methods and new processes.
Focused on business, team, and individual development
Making life easy for customers with a fast and straightforward process
Total transparency empowers customers to make informed decisions
Inc. 500/5,000 fastest-growing companies
9 Consecutive Years
100 Best Companies to Work For
Channel Partners Capital is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with its obligations under federal law, each company that is a federal contractor or subcontractor is committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other eligible veterans.