Regional Sales Manager
Channel is a leading provider of small business loans, advances and equipment financing utilizing customized technology and business processes with locations in Minnetonka, Marshall, MN, Des Moines, IA and Kennesaw, GA. In the Summer of 2020, Channel leveraged its strong balance sheet, technology, and risk analytics competencies to launch an Equipment Finance division that supports third- party originators.
Since its founding in 2009, Channel has originated over 16,000 loans funding over $800 million and is one of a limited number of full- service, non-bank lenders successfully filling the gap in small business credit availability. Last year Channel was ranked among the 500/5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. by Inc. magazine for the ninth straight year.
Channel empowers and trains team members at all levels to make quick decisions to service our partners and ensure the flexibility and nimbleness needed to compete in today’s marketplace. If you have a desire and are motivated by being part of a fast-growing, agile, and diverse organization where you can make a difference every day, Channel is the perfect home for you.
The company offers a flexible work environment and encourages innovation and team member development. Compensation includes a base salary plus an annual bonus designed to support company goals. Benefits include medical and dental plans, paid time off, an employer-match company 401K plan, life insurance, and long-term disability insurance plan.
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is responsible for establishing and executing the sales strategy to identify and develop partner relationships in assigned region(s) and attain assigned volume growth objectives. The RSM is the primary contact with our partners (Equipment Finance Companies); actively managing customer contact, expectations, new product/program development, and the sales pipeline.
Top candidates should be able to develop deep relationships with partners, identify, qualify, and understand equipment finance products for small to mid -sized business customers, insuring fulfillment of annual financial goals for Channel. The best candidates will be self-motivated, team-oriented, and eager to be a part of a rapidly growing business.
- Works with Regional Director of Sales to define sales strategy and key business targets
- Identifies and develops partners and prospects within the Equipment Finance team
- Establishes strong client relationships with both existing and new accounts
- Successfully “sells” customers on the value-add benefits and merit of doing business with Channel for both Working Capital and Equipment Finance
- Ensures partners are successfully qualified, closed, and moved from activity to activation status
- Actively maintains partner communications and relationships to ensure retention of existing business and expansion of opportunities as well as referrals
- Primary point of contact for all Partner inquiries and problem solving on a day-to-day basis, manages escalations and exceptions as needed
- Drives product initiatives to expand the growth and success of the funding partner relationships
- Works with internal colleagues to ensure products and systems meet client needs and executes campaigns and product rollouts
- Collaborates with marketing to design new creative products, programs and materials and tests them for effectiveness
- Plans, implements, and reports on sales activities, pipeline, and new partner development
Skills and Specifications
- Self-motivated, team-oriented, and eager to be part of a rapidly growing business
- Strong understanding of end-to-end sales process in third party environments, preferably in small to mid-sized ticket
- Strong understanding of small business and ability to provide operational guidance to EFCs
- Solid understanding of multiple markets and industries
- Expert in relationship initiation, building and management; superior communications and interpersonal skills
Education and Qualifications
- 3-5 years selling experience in equipment finance and leasing
- Demonstrated track record of reaching assigned sales goals
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience preferred
- Able to travel domestically 25-50%
Key Performance Indicators
- Achieving funding volumes for Working Capital and Equipment Finance
- Activated relationships
- Overall portfolio performance
- Partner satisfaction
Please send resume, including job history, to: Channel Partners Capital, 11100 Wayzata Boulevard, Minnetonka, Minnesota 55305, via email at FinancialCareers@channelpartnersllc.com, or apply online on Indeed.
Our Core Values
We celebrate each other’s efforts and achievements
For peers, partners, and customers
Driven to try new ideas, new methods and new processes.
Focused on business, team, and individual development
Making life easy for customers with a fast and straightforward process
Total transparency empowers customers to make informed decisions
Inc. 500/5,000 fastest-growing companies
9 Consecutive Years
100 Best Companies to Work For
Channel Partners Capital is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with its obligations under federal law, each company that is a federal contractor or subcontractor is committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other eligible veterans.