Manager, Business Analytics & Reporting
Channel is a leading provider of equipment finance and working capital funding solutions for small businesses, exclusively through Equipment Finance Companies. Utilizing customized technology and business processes, a strong balance sheet, and risk analytics, Channel provides single source financing that supports third-party originators and their customers who have business growth opportunities and a need for capital.
Since its founding in 2009, Channel has originated over 16,000 transactions funding over $1-billion and is one of a limited number of full-service, non-bank lenders successfully filling the gap in small business credit availability. Channel has office locations in Minnetonka & Marshall, MN, Kennesaw, GA, and Des Moines, IA, and has ranked among the 500/5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. by Inc. magazine for ten consecutive years.
Channel empowers and trains team members at all levels to make quick decisions in service to our relationships and ensuring the flexibility and nimbleness required to compete in today’s marketplace. Channel is the perfect workplace for those who are motivated and have a desire to be part of a fast-growing, agile, and diverse organization where you can make a difference every day.
The company offers a flexible work environment and encourages innovation and team member development. Benefits include medical and dental plans, paid time off, an employer-match company 401K plan, life insurance, and long-term disability insurance plan.
You love numbers, data and puzzles. Your natural curiosity of data allows you see the big picture in a complex pattern and are adept at helping others see it, too. You are technically skilled at data analysis, data mining, and data visualization, but also a strong communicator, with the ability to communicate results to non-technical business audiences. You enjoy engaging the business and answering their business questions with data driven answers. You also have demonstrated skills in guiding and mentoring less experienced analysts to help them grow their abilities.
- Apply a quantitative, data-driven approach to problem solving that will lead to better business decision making and improved efficiency
- Perform recurring and ad hoc analysis
- Create meaningful data visualizations that tell a story
- Clearly communicate results and recommendations to internal stakeholders
- Build/lead a team of analysts
- Provide input and guidance on data visualization techniques and opportunities
- Access and connect datasets across multiple sources
- Currently pursuing a relevant degree program (mathematics, statistics, data science, or another related field)
- Experience with a programming language such as R, Python, SQL, or SAS
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, finance, economics, or another related field
- 5+ years of experience performing quantitative analysis to solve business problems
- Experience with relational databases and multi-dimensional concepts with ability to perform queries in a SQL Server environment
- Experience using statistical languages such as R, Python, or other to manipulate data and perform analysis
- Proven ability to leverage statistical methods and data visualization techniques to extract information and tell a story that will impact business decisions
- Experience leading a team or mentoring analysts
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as PowerBI or Tableau
- Experience in related financial services field (Fintech, commercial/consumer lending, credit, or another related field)
- Capable of working beyond the data to understand the business functions and behaviors of our customers and partners
- Employee-matched 401k
- Health/Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Send cover letter and resume to Ed Krueger, VP Risk Analytics and Decision Sciences, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Core Values
We celebrate each other’s efforts and achievements
For peers, partners, and customers
Driven to try new ideas, new methods and new processes.
Focused on business, team, and individual development
Making life easy for customers with a fast and straightforward process
Total transparency empowers customers to make informed decisions
Inc. 500/5,000 fastest-growing companies
9 Consecutive Years
100 Best Companies to Work For
Channel Partners Capital is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with its obligations under federal law, each company that is a federal contractor or subcontractor is committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other eligible veterans.