Credit Analyst (Underwriting) Equipment Finance
Based in Minnetonka, MN, Channel Partners Capital is a leading provider of small business loans and advances utilizing customized technology and business processes. CPC is leveraging its strong balance sheet, technology, and risk analytics competencies to launch an Equipment Finance division to support third-party originators. Channel Partners empowers and trains team members at all levels to make quick decisions in order to service our partners and ensure the flexibility and nimbleness needed to compete in today’s marketplace. If you are motivated by being a part of a fast-growing, nimble, and diverse organization where you can make a difference every day, Channel Partners is the perfect home for you. The Equipment Finance offering will bring a tremendous amount of growth and opportunity for successful team members at Channel Partners.
Since its founding in 2009, Channel Partners Capital has originated over 10,000 loans generating receivables of over $500 million and is one of a limited number of full-service, non-bank lenders successfully filling the gap in small business credit availability. Last year Channel Partners Capital was ranked among the 500/5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. by Inc. magazine for the seventh straight year.
Channel Partners offers a flexible work environment where we encourage innovation and the growth of our team members. Compensation includes a base salary plus an annual bonus designed to support company goals. Benefits include medical and dental plans, a paid time off, an employer-match company 401K plan, life insurance, and long-term disability insurance plan.
The Credit Analyst will report directly to the SVP of Credit and is responsible for leading the credit underwriting function for our Equipment Finance Group. The position will operate within our fast-paced high-volume environment and be accountable for quick decisioning on small-ticket equipment finance applications up to $150,000.
The candidate will make independent decisions through the evaluation of business and personal credit reports, financial statements, tax returns, and other credit information. Channel Partners has a scoring model built on millions of data points to aid in decision making.
The best candidates will be self-motivated, team-oriented, and eager to be a part of a rapidly growing business. Ideally, this candidate will Equipment Finance underwriting experience.
- Credit adjudicate and approve new finance applications within the level of authority, including review and approval of vendors and equipment.
- Make timely credit decisions with limited information.
- Professionally communicate decisions to our partners.
- Build relationships and offer exceptional service to our partners to ensure the continued flow of business.
- Communicate and work proactively with the sales team to help further penetrate our relationships with existing and new customers.
- Protect Channel Partners Capital from fraud and aid in pricing transactions for the appropriate risk.
- Continuously identify and implement underwriting strategies that make Channel Partners Capital a recognized, differentiated leader in the equipment finance industry.
- Keeps aware of industry and competitor trends.
- Proven track record of success in small ticket equipment finance credit underwriting.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Confidence to make independent decisions and process information quickly.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build relationships.
- Excellent organization and industry outreach ability.
- Expert working knowledge of underwriting third-party originated products preferred.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in credit and small business underwriting, 2 years in equipment financing preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant financial field or equivalent work experience.
- Expert level understanding of credit and underwriting operations, including knowledge of scoring models.
- Experience in or understanding of equipment finance business model in small-ticket business segment desirable.
- Working knowledge of financial statement analyses
Please send resume, including job history, to: Channel Partners Capital, 11100 Wayzata Boulevard, Minnetonka, Minnesota 55305, via email at FinancialCareers@channelpartnersllc.com, or apply online on Indeed.
Our Core Values
We celebrate each other’s efforts and achievements
For peers, partners, and customers
Driven to try new ideas, new methods and new processes.
Focused on business, team, and individual development
Making life easy for customers with a fast and straightforward process
Total transparency empowers customers to make informed decisions
Inc. 500/5,000 fastest-growing companies
8 Consecutive Years
100 Best Companies to Work For
Channel Partners Capital is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with its obligations under federal law, each company that is a federal contractor or subcontractor is committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other eligible veterans.